We are seeking a seasonal part-time person to start April 1, 2023 to coordinate all CRK retail activities, working directly with customers, guides, and suppliers in both CRK’s physical shop and online, and will lead a project with our web engineer to integrate an E-Commerce solution into our website. They will also work with the outreach coordinator weekdays, and independently on weekends, to promote CRK’s programs, assist customers with booking tours, and track reservations to ensure that CRK programs run smoothly and successfully.
Thursday and Friday 12-4 pm in person in our retail shop
Saturday 7 am – 9 am on call by phoone
Saturday 12-4 pm – in person in our retail shop
Sunday 7 am – 9 am on call by phone
Sunday 12-4 pm – in person in our retail shop
Character & Skills:
- Proficient inretail merchandising or ability to learn quickly
- Proficient in researching,implementing and managing online retail/E-Commerce
- Proficient in managing online booking systems
- Proficient in monitoring social media accounts for customer service and marketing purposes
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, including carrying and loading kayaks
- Knowledge about kayaking is a plus, and a desire to learn about and promote CRK programs is a must
- Cell phone with service on Saturday and Sunday mornings from 7 am – 9 am. You will be reimbursed for any minutes you have to pay for during these times (with submitted receipts).
- Good customer service abilities, written and verbal.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and cloud-based apps. Ability to learn new cloud-based apps.
- Good organizational skills.
- Coordinate physical retail inventory, including ordering, updating inventory and pricing in online retail management system so that all gear is well maintained and available for CRK programs, and CRK merchandise is stocked and available for purchase by customers.
- Research options for and implement an online retail integration with our website, in collaboration with CRK owners.
- Maintainexcellent working relationships with suppliers and guides.
- Merchandise retail shop to maximize appeal,including monitoring and surveying shop visitors/customers about their purchases and making product recommendations to CRK owners.
- Create and manage bookings and respond to customer questions about all CRK programs for walk-ins, telephone, and online or social media inquiries.
- Coordinate with the Outreach Coordinator about in process bookings and customer inquiries. To ensure continuity of customer service, the Outreach Coordinator will hand off any in-process reservations that need to be followed-up on or completed on Friday afternoons via email to the Retail Coordinator. The Retail Coordinator will do the same on Sunday afternoons to the Outreach Coordinator for the coming week.
- Update CRK’s web and wall calendars on an ongoing basis as needed to reflect all program reservations in coordination with the Outreach Coordinator.
- Upload program photos or assist guides to upload program photos as needed to the CRK Google photo library in coordination with the Outreach Coordinator.
CRK is ready to take the leap and create an online retail presence that is integrated with our existing WordPress website. Beginning April 1st, the Retail Coordinator will research online options for a cloud-based retail system that will, at the very least, plug in to our website. At best, it will also “talk with” our booking system. Our goal is ultimately for program customers to be able to book one of our programs and be given the option to also buy gear/equipment that need. They can choose to have it delivered to us where it will be waiting for them when they get here for their program, or have it shipped directly to them. The online system also needs to feed into our existing online inventory management software, or a new system may be selected if it works better for our company. The Retail Coordinator will work with our web engineer to integrate the retail software into our website.
The following procedures are the standard ones that should be done each week on that day. There are other tasks that will come through email, phone, social media that can be fit into this schedule.
Coordinate physical retail inventory, including ordering, updating inventory and pricing in online retail management system so that all gear is well maintained and available for CRK programs, and CRK merchandise is stocked and available for purchase by customers.
Compensation and perks:
- Pay $18/hr. as an independent contractor (no taxes taken out). Training can start as early as March 16, 2021 at a rate of $13/hr. until CRK and coordinator is confident to work independently
- Use of CRK paddling equipment
- Continued training towards further kayaking skill and certification
- Participation in CRK tours and classes
Call 360-849-9091 for more information and to apply.